Sunday, May 24, 2009

from home

I am from Millbrae California which is 16 miles south of San Francisco. It was a great town to grow up in. My parents moved there during WWII, bought a house for $7500.00 (yes you read it right) and raised a family of 8 children. A great job they did. I know you are asking what that has to do with Kenya. Well…a lot.

If you remember an earlier blog, I was 17 when I had the dreams of Africa. Those dreams took place in that home in Millbrae. Now fast forward to April 27 2009 when I had a lunch meeting with a buddy of mine to talk about this trip to Kenya.

During this lunch conversation my buddy mentioned how cool it was that I was going to start my trip from home. Huh? I really didn’t know what he meant and the significance didn’t really register…that is until I was driving to San Francisco to catch my first flight.

I had made arraignments to leave my car with a friend of mine while I was gone. All through this I really didn’t remember that this friend lived three blocks from the home where I was raised.

Now I think you know where I am going with this….my lunch buddy had told me and I then realized his vision as I was driving, that I was starting this physical journey to Africa from the home where it all started 39 years ago.

Of all the arrangements that I looked at and could of made, for this trip, He made sure that I started from home. I was literally shacking with that thought. Oh yea and the big tears!!

Yes I did drive by the house and say thank you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers