Sunday, August 16, 2009

SARAH part I

In a blog dated March 1st I mentioned, for the first time, SARAH. I also said that there would be more on SARAH at a later time, well that later time is here. Over the next few posts I will attempt to explain, describe and write about this organization that I have been working on. In an effort to keep these posts from being long and boring, I will put this together in several posts.

There are times (OK a lot of times) when I talk about SARAH as if she was alive as a person. I'm good with that. SARAH is a passion of mine that allows me to fulfill my bigger passion, making a difference and giving hope to the women and children of Africa.

The very basic vision of S.A.R.A.H. was actually cast in 1969 when I had the dreams of making a difference to the women and children of Africa. They weren't the dreams that we wake up from and decide to make life altering decisions. They were more on the scale of daydreams, where I would let my mind drift and see where it would take me. Obviously I had no idea that I would be creating an organization back then. But as I reflect on those times, those dreams were the spark and today I have the fire.

From 1969 until 2007, I became busy with life. Marriage, children and a career were the the focus of my attention. Though I would always have these reminders of my dreams, I just didn't know where to go with them. Life and my proprieties would take me in different directions. That is until 2007.

Recently I have talked to a friend of mine about my frustration of not acting on these dreams earlier in my life and he said "it wasn't your season"

Psalm 1 vs3 He is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither.
Whatever he does prospers.

I believe it is my season now, so here is SARAH.....

Sparks African Resource Alliance giving Hope.

SPARKS, Nevada, USA is the area in which SARAH was born. It is also about bridging the community of Sparks to the African continent in a relational way so that resources may flow to those who can help.

AFRICA is the continent and the people that SARAH will be providing resources and hope to.

RESOURCE is the engine that ultimately, with partnering agencies, will make a difference, in the lives of women and children.

ALLIANCE is the community of carrying and compassionate people, locally and world wide, that will provide the resources for SARAH.

HOPE is about SARAH giving women and children of the African continent the hope of a new life. Hope of a life worth living, hope of food and clean water, hope of fuel to cook a simple meal. It is also about the hope that the man they are married to will not be carrying the HIV disease, hope that the child they are carrying will not be infected with HIV, hope that their children will receive an education, hope of self worth, hope of respect, hope of peace and ultimately the hope of a full productive life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers