Sunday, March 29, 2009

not always

Since I’m pretty much a structured kinda guy…you know, B follows A and then there is C. I have to tell you that during the past few weeks that kind of schedule of events has NOT taken place!!

Thankfully!!!

What has taken place has greatly amazed, inspired and educated me!! Oh yeah and throw in a heavy dose of love and support.

As I mentioned in an earlier posting I will be staying at Transformed International while I am in Kenya. The Director of that Ministry is Daniel Lipparelli and Daniel is from the Reno area. Daniel has been in Reno for the past few weeks and I have been fortunate to spend quit a bit of time with him. Its time I never anticipated or saw taking place. But it has and I am grateful.

Knowing Daniel would be in town, I thought there would be a couple of opportunities to get together to chat. To chat about what he was doing and what I was seeking or expecting. You know…the typical feeling out stuff I seem to need to go through…for whatever reason. The first meeting lasted 2 hours (with Daniels Dad included) and I don’t think Daniel said 4 sentences. Of course he couldn't talk because that is all I was doing. We agreed to meet again the following week and that meeting again, lasted 2 hours. Yes Daniel talked more, but not much. Once again I seemed to just talk and talk. During these conversations Daniel had picked up on the fact I wanted to explore a much deeper and more intimate relationship with Christ. Daniel went on to explain what that looked like for him, as he was on the same path born out of different circumstances. He brought up this Biblical principal of community and about being the Church vs. going to Church. Daniel asked us if we would be interested in coming to meet with other people that were like minded. He said most were young, single, college age people. I said we would be there.

Debbie and I have attended these meeting called Comm. X or Community Experiment and have been blown away by the knowledge, articulation, acceptance, and warmth of this great group of people. And then throw in the direction and power of the Spirit and you have truly an amazing experience.

But the main point I want to make is this, I expected to spend 4 or 5 hours talking to Daniel about my trip Kenya. But of the roughly 20 hours we have been together we may have talked about Kenya for 15 minutes. The rest of the time has been about learning our Gifts and what community and being the Church is all about. It is also about being in the presence of some amazing people.

Does B follow A?

When God has another plan, thankfully, not always.

For those who wish to know more about Comm. X , visit Daniel’s blog at dlipparelli.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers